Scholarship Committee Report
2013 Winner: Brenna Hernon (High School: Warren G Harding)
Recipient of the The Judge Donald Ford Scholarship. She was the graduating valedictorian at Warren G. Harding High School.
Pictured from left: Charles "Chico" Wolbert, Judge Ford, Hernon and Tom Trimbur.
2013 Winner: Megan Rose Guliano (High School: John F Kennedy)
For academic and athletic excellence. She was co-valedictorian at John F. Kennedy High School.
Pictured are Jill Phillips, Director of Communications and Advancement at JFK and Guliano.
General information to be formatted on application
- Graduating senior from Harding and J.F.K.
- Must be attending a four-year college or institution
- Must be a student athlete
- Must have a 2.5 G.P.A. (Offical transcript)
- Financial need may be a consideration
- A one-time only $500 scholarship may be given to each school for an incoming Freshman (fall quarter or semester)
- If there are a number of candidates, the final 3 will be interviewed
- A point system will determine the winner
- Community service will be considered
- Money to be sent to the college
- Principal, counselor, teacher, and coach recommendation required
* Other Considerations to be included in application
Applications will be sent to coaches or persons most responsible for being certain that the applications are distributed to athletes
Deadline for receipt of application will be May 3, 2010
Presentation of scholarship may be at our June meeting